Sunday, December 7, 2014

Hell Cab..... Almost, Maine... Bob's Holiday Office Party...

I really enjoyed this very entertaining quick running one act 70 minute show currently at the Elephant Stages on Santa Monica Boulevard.  Hell Cab is back by popular demand for the holidays and well directed by David Fofi.   The production written by Will Kern originates from Chicago where it's been one of the longest running shows in the city's history.  The premise is simple & well executed... a collection of colorful scenes from a day in the life of a nice well meaning Chicago cabbie at Christmas time and according to production notes 85% true.  The other 15% are based on stories he heard.  Hell Cab is a wild funny & touching ride with excellent acting from the terrific cast of 25 plus performers, many playing multiple characters.  The scenerios range from bickering siblings, bible thumpers, druggies, pyschos, amorous lesbians,  obnoxious NY tourists, a pregnant woman on the verge of giving birth, a rape victim, a selfish conceited businessman on the make, an emotionally abused woman realizing her boyfriend isn't worth her time anymore & many more interesting tales.  Visit for more information and to book your ride...  HH


Almost, Maine is a very satisfying, sweet & charming new production now playing at the Hudson Mainstage Theatre on Santa Monica Boulevard.   The very appealing play written by John Cariani is all about the many facets of love experienced on a cold wintery nite by the residents of a small American town that almost doesn't exist.  The series of 9 mini plays  features a stellar cast & is well directed by Martin Papazian who also performs in one of the heartwarming stories called Her Heart.  According to the program notes Almost, Maine is a town that's so far north it's almost not in the United Sates - it's almost in Canada.  And it almost doesn't exist becaue its residents never got around to geting organized so it's just Almost.  With that in mind the plot feature some pretty quirky stories, characters & situations that touch the heart & soul.  I enjoyed my visit to the magical town of Almost, Maine & I think you will too.   For more information visit www.plays411.comalmostmaine &  Photos by Dan Warner Photography & Christopher Amitrano...   HH

Wow...  that was the wildest craziest holiday party/play I've ever witnessed!  Now in its 19th season Bob's Holiday Office Party directed with pizzazz by Craig Anton recently opened to an enthustiastic packed house of fans at the Pico Playhouse Theater at 10508 W. Pico.  I think the picture above is worth a thousand words & indicates that this funny raunchfest is not for prudes or the faint of heart.  This wild & crazy crowd pleaser was written & created by its two stars Joe Keyes & Rob Elk who play best pals Sheriff Joe Walker & insurance agent Bob Finhead & is a crazy ride from start to finish.  The characters are great & eccentric & the performers are top notch.  For more information about the craziest holiday party in town visit  Photo by Roger Nygard...  HH 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! What a mind blowing skit it was! I would like to watch the video of this “Bob's Holiday office party” show. I wonder if you can share the complete video of this wonderful show! Well, thanks for the photographs and details!